Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Games Day 2012

Here's where I am at the moment: I've decided to get back into Games Workshop stuff.

OK, let that sink in for a moment.

Yes, I, who have been championing alternative mini manufacturers for ages, will now be courting the evil empire of Nottamun Town. The release of 6th Ed 40K has created a huge buzz at the games club in town, and I like a lot of what I have heard about this edition (I haven't played since 2nd Ed/Necromunda/Gorkamorka). To this end I have a new obsession (don't we all?) and it's collecting a Dark Eldar army. I've made a small start in buying the Codex and an Archon (generalissimo guy), and I've started making some terrain pieces.

The capstone of this new derangement was going to Games Day for the first time (hey, it's only taken me 20 years...). I had a great time with some of the chaps from the games club, and we oohed and ahhed at the new releases, Eavy Metal paint jobs, and display games just like every other loon there. We enjoyed ourselves but came away with plenty of thoughts on how the layout could have been better in the sales area. I splurged out (in my terms) on the aforementioned Codex, Finecast Autarch (what an interesting medium that is for minis!), some Purity Seal, and Liquid Green Stuff. Fascinating, I know. Oh, and the new White Dwarf.

So, wish me luck on my dark spiral into the grim warfare of the far future etc etc

Herewith pretty pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment